Sunday, April 25, 2010

San Diego Zoo

These images will not appear in RSS feeds like Google Reader or the Facebook note importer. Please go to http://zooquest.blogspot.com and if you still cannot see them, get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer


I am so glad we got to see this zoo before leaving California! I was a little daunted by the price of admission ($74 for two people!!), but I can honestly say it was the best zoo I've ever attended. Most zoos aren't bad, and usually have one or two exhibits that are cool with the rest being passable. With this zoo, practically everything we saw was well thought out and seemed like a cool place for the animal to live. There were cool features like the multi-level monkey exhibits, where you could take any number of trails and ended up three stories above the ground, each letting you see something a little different. And don't even get me started on the sheer number of animal species. I can also say that there had to be a ton of people there, but it never felt like it. There were even places where we were more or less alone. It really blows all the other zoos we've seen to date out of the water.

This zoo was so big that we were there from 9:30am-2pm, without dawdling at any one exhibit like I've been known to do, and there were still things we didn't have time to see. If you go, I highly recommend getting there when they open and giving yourself the whole day. You may not need it, but you might as well make sure you're getting the most zoo for your money.  My only regret is that I failed to take a spare battery for my camera, so I tried to make it last by only taking photos of the things I personally loved the most.  Really, this zoo will not disappoint.

As usual, hover over the bottom of the image viewer to click on the next photo. Image captions should be viewable without hovering.

1 comment:

kimberlina said...

$74!?! jesus.

why did i think that it was free? maybe just for san diego residents. or is there another zoo that is free in the city? fucking christ. but saying that, i'm sure i'll still go one day.

two thumbs! super duper opposable! you'd think they'd have taken over the world by now.